Background of the Peace Center (Nawng Nang)
The Peace Center is located at Nawng Nang Village, 11 miles away from Myitkyina, Kachin State. The center was built through a small grants program of the Government of Japan and its people. The cornerstone of the building was laid by General Khin Nyunt, the first secretary of the State Peace and Development Council, along with the ethnic leaders, on January 8, 2001. It was officially opened on December 3, 2001.
- Give credit to the peace-aspirer as well as the national and ethnic leaders who endeavored to bring about peace and prosperity in Kachin State
- Nurture the next generation of peace promoters
- Cultivate the sense of duty to keep peace, as ever, in memory of the leading architects of peace by encouraging people to visit Peace Center
- Disseminate the peace education as a vision for long lasting peace, national unity, and auspiciousness
- Provide the youths with the comprehensive development and other trainings that serve the public interest as well as upholding rule of law and tranquility in line with the road map of the Government
- Amplify union spirit and strengthen peace through friendship and mutual understanding as a result of cultural exchange among the different ethnic nationalities
- Provide the public with sense of enjoyment for peace and relaxation
Complex House (accommodation available for twenty-six people)
Row House (accommodation available for eighteen people)
Dining Hall & Kitchen
11 Mile, Gaw Nan Village, Nawng Nang Tract, Myitkyina, Kachin State.
Located on the highway between Myitkyina and Sumprabum
ငြိမ်းချမ်းရေး ဂေဟာ (နောင်နန်း)
၁၁ မိုင်၊ နောင်နန်းကျေးရွာ၊ မြစ်ကြီးနားမြို့၊ ကချင်ပြည်နယ်