Goals and objectives
To contribute to the building of sustainable Peace in Myanmar
To contribute to inclusiveness and meaningful participation of stakeholders in National Political Dialogue of Peacebuilding Process and policy making process of State Government and Hluttaws
- Knowledge and skills of local CSO networks from 3 Regions and 7 States are strengthened in Research area.
- Policy papers on economic and fiscal federalism are systematically developed together with the CSO in preparation for the Issue-based National Dialogue (CSO Forum).
- Policy papers on the selected policy issues under Schedule 2 – Region and State Legislative List of 2008 Constitution are developed together with the selected 4 States Hluttaw members.
- Technical supports are provided for EAOs on ceasefire negotiation, political dialogue and implementation of nationwide ceasefire agreement.
Boundary partners and target actors
Since 2005, Nyein Foundation has worked together with local CSO/CBOs in all States, e.g. PAID Research and Dialogue that some CSO leaders from those networks have become Member of Parliament and central committee members of some political parties. Again, some others become active participants of CSO Forum, taking crucial roles in ethnic based National Dialogues.
- Members of Parliaments (MPs) and Political Parties
- Staff members of State Hluttaws and
- Civil officers from relevant departments
- Professors and lecturers from Yangon Institute of Economics
- Local CSO networks from 7 States and 3 Regions.
- Local people – who will realize the thematic issues and their concerns and voices will be discussed in National Dialogue through research.
- National Dialogue participants and leaders of local CSO/CBOs, government staff, MPs, EAOs, political parties and professionals through research, dialogue and lobby events.
- Participants of National Dialogues, such as UPDJC and UPC (21st Century Panglong Union Peace Conference).
- State Hluttaws and State governments